 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1302 (-10)
  Megablocks Dragons: Sorcerer's Lair

Rather than a review, this is a list of pros and cons of Megablocks Dragons. I picked up the $30 Sorcerer's Lair kit at Fortress TRU, Times Square, NY. You'll notice many of the pros are also cons. I've made a sample diorama I call "Turned to the (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mech Pic

(...) That's OK, I haven't used the hand or faceplate pieces in any of my original creations anyway. It'll be cool to be able to work with the click-joint pieces on the computer! (...) Certainly! I'll be putting them up at (2 URLs) (...) Hmm, the (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mech Pic

(...) Aargh! The first victim! Sorry about that! Tore Ericksson recently noted that my use of the stud2.dat primitive would cause certain clone parts to render in POV-Ray with the LEGO logo--an grievous oversight by me! I've been in the process of (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mech Pic

(...) Hi! It's neat to see that model rendered in LDraw format... which brings me to my question: would it be possible for me to get a copy of the .dat files for those Mega Bloks parts? Specifically, the articulated pieces that form the joints and (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Solid Aluminum 2x4 Bricks!

(...) And along the same lines, am I the only one who thought the actual design of the Prancing Pony Inn was highly reminiscent of that of Guarded Inn (note, among other things, how the covered area is on the left and the walled open area extends to (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jun-02, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  I want Tente scans

Where on Earth can I get Tente scans of boats ? Please let me know where I had lot of Tente but I got rid of it and know I want to build those boats that I had but this time in LEGO with LDRAW (22 years ago, 11-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Aluminum 2x4 Keychains!

Get your very own aluminum keychain while they last! (URL) going on vacation in two weeks, so if you plan on buying a brick, please send your payment ASAP so I can ship it before I leave. --Bram Bram Lambrecht bram@cwru.edu www.bldesign.org (22 years ago, 11-Jun-02, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands) !

  Re: The New Clone Brand

(...) Stupid MegaBloks. I hate 'em! Well...most of us do don't we? ;) That truck does look pretty neat...I might just have to pick up one for myself! -Frank (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: The New Clone Brand

(...) The REAL treasure in this set (I thought) was the 1x2 smoke-grey-transparent TILES that it uses for the truck's rear view mirrors. And of course all that orange. DaveE (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.town)

  The New Clone Brand

While perusing the inventory of a local TRU, I came across a shocking new construction brick toy that's a shameless and direct copy of another brand. Imagine my surprise when I spotted (URL) bears more than a passing similarity to the existing (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.town, lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact