 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1112 (-10)
  Re: Fortress TRU

"Erik Olson" <erik@olson.pair.com> wrote in message news:GoGuJ4.1w1@lugnet.com... (...) heard (...) In every store I've been to that carries Harry Potter LEGO, it was stuck in the Harry Potter merch aisle rather than the regular LEGO. It happened (...) (23 years ago, 17-Dec-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Fortress TRU

Today I understand why Fortress TRU has a security battallion: Holiday shopper crowds in Times Square. Fortress TRU is the new flagship store in New York. Today I hoped to glimpse a Cloud Car, but only some other small 2002 Sw sets (and Alpha Team) (...) (23 years ago, 17-Dec-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Review of the U-240

(...) I picked up one of the $10 sets yesterday, and threw it together. I really liked it, and the final model looks pretty cool. The instructions claim that the paint can be removed with either some warm damp cloth or by scraping it off with the (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Review of the U-240

thanks for the info, dave! i'll be looking forward to seeing these models hit utah. in the meantime your information and pics for the sets should hold me over until i can actually get one in my hands. (missiles that actually shoot....COOL!) ..joseph (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  new block-bots

there's three new block-bots out toxic - olive/orange color combo with a gas-fire-thrower like appendage torch - red/yellow combo with a flame thrower arm spy - blue/black/silver combo, i didn't notice what he has interesting stuff and they were (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Review of the U-240

Dave! Thanks for the excellent review--I've been seeking these things out. The packaging and layout look really very good, better than MB has put out to date--though I wonder if they still have that odd feel to them. It is, however, the guaranteed (...) (23 years ago, 9-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Review of the U-240

Drop what you're doing and go buy this $20 set. It includes 412 pieces (a shade less than a nickel per piece) mostly in dark grey and black, with a number of silver-grey and trans-orange, too. Also included is a pilot, two new gatling-style machine (...) (23 years ago, 6-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: MegaBloks MECHA

(...) I just picked up the U240 set because it has the cool newish 10 x 2 x 8 windshield in trans-orange, as well as a bunch of other trans-orange elements. It also has a better piece count of 412 versus 300-something for the J-227. The cones are (...) (23 years ago, 5-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: MegaBloks MECHA - For Shame, LEGO, For Shame!

(...) Ah!! MegaBloks?! HERESY! HERESY! (23 years ago, 4-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Megabloks sighted

Pink and purple Megabloks were seen coupling with faded old blue Lego bricks on my mousepad today. Additional, muted, colors were joining in from both sides. It seems the older Lego types no longer get along with the new generation, but they play (...) (23 years ago, 5-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact