 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1105
Re: MegaBloks MECHA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 18:43:03 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Richard Marchetti writes:
Dave!

Let me get this straight -- you saw but did not purchase the J-227 Quadwalker?

C'mon Dave!, the thing looks like it's practically covered in
trans-antifreeze 2x2 tiles, and are those some kind of new cones there being
used as rockets?

  I just picked up the U240 set because it has the cool newish 10 x 2 x 8
windshield in trans-orange, as well as a bunch of other trans-orange
elements. It also has a better piece count of 412 versus 300-something for
the J-227.
  The cones are actually spring-launched missiles.  The launcher is cool
because it allows you to fire the left or right missile individually, or all
three together, depending on the button you press.  I'll give a more
thorough review once I build the kit.
  A closer look at the J-227 suggests at least 12 trans-antifreeze tiles, as
well as a 4 x 2 x 8 windscreen and a bunch of 1x1 round plates.

I have seen the new Blok-Bots and while I will probably get one of each, the
colors are a little too wild for my tastes generally. I kinda feel the same
way about these camo bricks, although they might prove interesting over time.

  Yeah, I'm not as thrilled with these as I thought I would be.

     Dave!