 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1097
Re: MegaBloks MECHA - For Shame, LEGO, For Shame!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 05:23:47 GMT

I never thought I'd say this, but:

I've gotta get me some Megabloks!

Those are sweet, and exactly what LEGO should be doing. Let's hope these
things sell like hotcakes and wake 'em up to how lucrative the mecha market
is. Makes me wonder why they never followed up on LOM, what with those mechs
flying off the shelves...

-jeremiah-

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler writes:
On the heels of its Blok-Bots product line, MegaBloks has just released the
first batch of "Warriors Future Force" mecha-style vehicles.  These feature the
same click-joints as the Blok-Bots, as well as new weaponry.  I saw four
types on the shelf at TRU, but I only had $10 so I went with one of the smaller
ones.  Here are scans of the model itself as well a shot of the other sets now
available:

http://members.bellatlantic.net/~drteeth1/clones/9519-1.jpg
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~drteeth1/clones/9519-2.jpg

The sets include a brick separator, a figure, and a camo-paint marker for
detailing the mech.  I've never been interested in painting my bricks, so the
marker means nothing to me, but it's a nice feature.  The paint is water
washable, so you're not stuck with permanent ugliness if you screw up the
paintjob.

This set was $9.99 (TRU price--who knows what MSRP is?), and it had 125 pieces.
I didn't get counts for the other sets.

    Dave!