 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1110
Re: Review of the U-240
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 20:37:38 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
  Odd question:  What's the deal with the "camo paint?"  That looks
  like  it wouldn't be good for the pieces, or it just wouldn't come
  off...is it standard greasepaint?

     I picked up one of the $10 sets yesterday, and threw it together.  I
really liked it, and the final model looks pretty cool.

     The instructions claim that the paint can be removed with either some
warm damp cloth or by scraping it off with the piece-removal tool.  That
said, the model looks fine without the camo paint.

     I'd also like to say that the stickers are nice.  Each sticker only
covers one piece, and they really bring out a few subtle bits.  Moreover, I
think they're fairly easy to remove:  I had one down wrong, and had no
trouble pulling it off and re-applying it.

-john, humorless toad
jcfiala523@hotmail.com