 Model Team / 779
  Re: new 2003 sets -- Space Shuttle

(...) In trying to keep discussion in correct groups I'm sticking to .modelteam and .general to talk about the beautiful new Space Shuttle set 7470. I'm assuming these are pictures from the Nuremburg Toy Fair, and that means these aren't leaks? I (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.general)

  Re: new 2003 sets -- Space Shuttle

<snip> (...) I disagree completely. A new, highly detailed LEGO version of the Space Shuttle is a tribute to the ideals, visions, and dreams that propelled Columbia into space. The people who died on board died for that vision. They knew there were (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.general)

  Re: new 2003 sets -- Space Shuttle

(...) I'm sure Tim's dry-cleaner will be happy to know that he's "not a leaker." :) (No, I expect these are legit NTF pics and not leaks.) (...) I do hope they won't wait to release the set or pull it. It's the "Discovery", after all. But I'm not (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.general)

  Re: new 2003 sets -- Space Shuttle

I would like to see LEGO re-release an updated version of the Space Shuttle set #1682 as a commemorative to both lost shuttles. The set could signify rebirth and rebuilding and to forge ahead into the future -- key elements, I think, in the healing (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.general)

  Re: new 2003 sets -- Space Shuttle

(...) Well, if they could get away with selling the Movie Maker Set With Falling Twin Tower Action after 9/11... (To this day, I still don't see how they managed to avoid complaints about that.) (...) I'm getting it too, but only partially for that (...) (21 years ago, 4-Feb-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.general)