 Model Team / 631
630  |  632
Subject:
Manitowoc 888
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 13:22:55 GMT

At this past TEXLUG meeting, I met a guy with an awesome crane. Steve built
a great model of a Manitowoc 888 heavy duty crawler crane. There are 6
images of it at this site:
http://www.texlug.org/fall2002/index.html
Go to the bottom of the page and look in the right column of thumbnails. You
can't miss it. It's big and red.

Some features:
• approximately Technic fig scale
• hand powered
• self lifting ballast (powered by pneumatics)
• double row of crawlers on each side
• four-part block

Steve is into cranes and other construction and mining equipment. He managed
to get many brocures on Manitowoc cranes, and built his model very accurately.

I look forward to his next project. It will definitely be impressive.

-TJ