 Model Team / 581
Re: DAF 95XF 8x4 & Broshuis Triple Trailer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 18:12:11 GMT

You said the Broshuis trailer has 3 steerable axles. Does your model
indclude this feature as well? I couldn't tell from your pictures if they
steered or not.

The trailer also has three steerable axles. This can be seen best in the
next photo:
http://www.student.tue.nl/u/e.v.wichen/lego/images/vr04_02.jpg
They are steered like in the next drawing:
http://www.student.tue.nl/u/e.v.wichen/lego/images/vr04_08.jpg

Is the tractor motorized?

Nope. I've used my motors in the Liebherr excavator.

Nice! How are you modeling your cylinders? What did you use for the large
gears of the crawlers? They look like disks cut from plastic or wood.

The large gears of the crawlers are indeed from wood. I sawed some circles
and painted them black. The cylinders are aluminium pipes, which fit exactly
into eachother. So the cylinders are just for show (the upper part I have to
paint yellow). The operation is done by ropes and gears. This is the same as
the operation of Dennis Bosmans Liebherr excavator. See his site for more
details.

I hope this answers it all.

Regards,

Evert