 Model Team / 580
Re: DAF 95XF 8x4 & Broshuis Triple Trailer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 17:26:15 GMT

In lugnet.modelteam, Evert van Wichen writes:
L.S.

It's been a long time that I've finished a new model. Too long if you ask
me. But I'm back with a large update to my website. I've created a new
layout which is much easier to update. I've rewritten some texts, changed
categories, etc. My site now features two languages: english and dutch.

Your site design is very clean and easy to navigate. I like it! Nice job!

But the two most important updates to my site are my new models.
First there is a DAF 95XF 8x4 with  Broshuis Triple Trailer. The
trailer is an extensible flat trailer.

This model is great. I have a few questions, though.

You said the Broshuis trailer has 3 steerable axles. Does your model
indclude this feature as well? I couldn't tell from your pictures if they
steered or not.

Is the tractor motorized?

I like the PVC pipes for your load. Here in Houston, I always see pipe being
transported on the highways.

One suggestion I have for another load to carry is a massive concrete beam.
You could build a simple I-shaped beam, or just a normal rectangular-section
beam, out of wood and paint it light gray.

Second there are some photo's of my work in progress: a model
of a Liebherr R954B Litronic excavator.

Nice! How are you modeling your cylinders? What did you use for the large
gears of the crawlers? They look like disks cut from plastic or wood.

I hope you like them. I know I do ;)

Yup. Keep up the good work.

TJ