 Model Team / *262 (-20)
  Re: Ideas for new sets? (re: motorcycles)

(...) That set doesn't look too different from the old Mag Wheel Master (URL) a model team motorcycle would be something Lego hasn't done before. (24 years ago, 6-Apr-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Ideas for new sets? (re: motorcycles)

(...) I just found a new mega blok set that is along the lines of what I wish LEGO would make. (URL) course, it looks cheap, the colors stink, there isn't the level of detail I would expect from a Model Team set or want in a Technic set, but its a (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Ideas for new sets?

YES!!! Proper motorbike wheels! Spoked, if possible, and 80+mm diameter.... I definitely second the wish for Model Team motorbikes. See (URL) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Ideas for new sets?

(...) A Model Team race bike! Now that's a great idea! I think an UCS bike set with a considerable number of pieces would be even better. LEGO would probably need to create a new wheel for it - the wheels on the <set:8422> are not big enough for (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Model Team Decline

(...) How come it has it's own newsgroup then? (...) The solutions obvious, this is lego we're discussing so just build them yourself and then upload the pics onto Lugnet. (...) Indeed they are. (...) No they shouldn't, perhaps they should ask the (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam)

  Model Team Decline

I've just spent a little time checking the history of Model Team (what else would you do at 1am?). Looking at the bare facts on a piece of paper a few things were very striking: Model Team has produced 14 sets(I don't count the ferrari as it's (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: 5580 extra pieces

(...) Interesting - I got a couple of 5563s in a sale recently and they both had some substantial extra bits too, including an extra door! (...) Likewise, being a fan of mechanical function I was a lot more impressed than I thought I would be. I (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.modelteam)

  5580 extra pieces

Hi all, recently found a 5580 and built it straight away. There seem to be quite a few extra pieces. I've looked at the pictures for the second model (too ugly to waste any time building it) and it doesn't seem to need them. I'm used to getting a (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Fairytale - True!

If only they would have accepted my bank card....... I was limited by what was in my pocket. Besides, I don't do town or trains, so there's a whole treasure left.... Duq "Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 4-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Fairytale - True!

(...) <snip> (...) Why would we need that?? presumably you cleaned them out (or should have...) :-) ++Lar (24 years ago, 4-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Fairytale - True!

(...) That would be great, except my knowledge of German isn't that great... was there a lot of classic town sets? I was interested in getting some of the more "antique" sets that came out before town junior (pre-1997). Ben Medinets (24 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.modelteam)

  64 1/2 Ford Mustang Convertible

Here's the link to a 64 1/2 Ford Mustang Convertible I made a few weeks ago. It's been up at Brickshelf for a while, but I just got around to posting it here. It's my first (and only, as of now) attempt at building a car. Enjoy, and LMKWYT. link: (...) (24 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.modelteam) !

  Fairytale - True!

Fairytales still happen! This week I was in Germany for my holidays. We were driving through this tiny town in the Mosel area when from the corner of my eye I spotted some old sets in a shop window. Stopped the car, asked my better half for (...) (24 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.modelteam)

  8 wide '69 Dodge Charger

I couldn't resist :) Once I had an idea for the front grill, I couldn't leave it at that, so I finished the car instead of working on my spaceliner. As always, please LMKWYT! Please rate the model and let me know if there are some other views you (...) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.modelteam) !!

  Re: Who is this El Caracho?

(...) Your English is so good I didn't realise you're E2L! Hence the typo riff, I don't normally riff on typos for "English is my 2nd Language" cats. (...) Happy to not meet that expectation, it's non existent! My German is also terrible but a bit (...) (24 years ago, 22-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Who is this El Caracho?

(...) A she would be "La Caracha", neh? -JDF (24 years ago, 22-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Who is this El Caracho?

(...) Excuse my lousy English, but I do not expect your Dutch to be any better ;) (24 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Who is this El Caracho?

(...) Who's al? :-) Seriously, good point. (24 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Who is this El Caracho?

(...) for al we know HE is a SHE... Wez (24 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Who is this El Caracho?

(...) Yes, please do! I would have to say that a KW and an Excalibur are about as far apart as two road vehicles could be... and he aced both of them! Way cool! ++Lar (24 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.modelteam)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact