 MediaWatch / 946 (-10)
  this weeks new yorker...

(URL) (22 years ago, 15-Feb-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  LEGO wins copyright suit in China

LEGO has won a suit in China, against a company making knock-off items. The company was ordered to surrender its molds. I don't know if this is the maker of the "Shifty" clones mentioned on Lugnet a couple of years ago, or another. Full story here: (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  malcom in the middle

Tonights new Malcom in the Middle featured Dewey playing with what appeared to be two Bionicle sets. -chris (22 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: "Lego tries for girls' block vote"

(...) Hence the "life on Mars" being fitting! It's a male dominated world, or so we are told (I have my doubts about that... I know who really gets things done, but I digress), hence it is "Mars" where all the women are living now, regardless of (...) (22 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: "Lego tries for girls' block vote"

(...) No, no, no, no, no! Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus! ;-) Fiona (22 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: "Lego tries for girls' block vote"

(...) My sister and I both grew up with Lego. When she was young she got 3 of those sets with the big people that had minifigs as babies. We both enjoyed the sets, but we quickly discovered how wonderful all the tiles were for building "puzzle (...) (22 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: "Lego tries for girls' block vote"

(...) Hey hey hey! Sand red is different than pink! I like LoMs, but maybe that's because I do mecha/mechs, so I can overlook the obvious :<P Plus, the 50% off sales at ShopKo were a great way to stock up on the Red Planet Protector... Anyway, on (...) (22 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: "Lego tries for girls' block vote"

(...) But...LEGO already have a fitting theme for females - 'Life on Mars' Jon (22 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: "Lego tries for girls' block vote"

(...) Confirmed :-) I have some in my collection, as I was a little girl in those days. My sister played more with it then I did. I preferred the castle sets :-) It was actually called Scala! Look over here to see the sets: (URL) van Doesburg (URL) (22 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: "Lego tries for girls' block vote"

(...) Maybe it'll at least get bought for more kids, then they can move onto Star Wars and trains. In lugnet.general, Jason J. Railton writes: (...) You see, there are statistics. It must be true! Jason J Railton (22 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.mediawatch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact