 MediaWatch / 713
Re: Incommunicado
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 03:19:58 GMT

I'm a big fan too, and can't believe I never noticed this.

So I typed "Marillion Incommunicado lyrics" into Netscape's URL field, and got:

http://www.marillion.com/lyrics/
http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/SongUnid/5EE75058C21F1B6648256A49000F3DB4

http://www.the-company.com/lcsincom.htm
http://www.geocities.com/genirillion/063.htm
http://www.tf.hut.fi/Nados/Lyrics/clutching.html#incommunicado

Which give:

Incommunicado
Lyrics: Dick
Music: Dick/Kelly/Mosley/Rothery/Trewavas
I'd be really pleased to meet you if I could
remember your name
But I got problems of the memory ever since I got a
winner in the fame game
I'm a citizen of Legoland travellin' incommunicado
And I don't give a damn for the Fleet Street
aficionados

But I don't want to be the back-page interview
I don't want launderette anonymity
I want my hand prints in the concrete on Sunset
Boulevard
A dummy in Tussauds you'll see

Incommunicado, incommunicado

I'm a Marquee veteran, a multimedia bonafide
celebrity
I've got an allergy to Perrier, daylight and
responsibility
I'm a rootin'-tootin' cowboy, the Peter Pan, the
street credibility
Always taking the point with the dawn patrol
fraternity

Sometimes it seems like I've been here before
When I hear opportunity kicking in my door
Call it synchronicity call it deja vu
I just put my faith in destiny - it's the way that I
choose

But I don't want to be a tin can tied
To the bumper of a wedding limousine
Or currently residing in the where are they now
file
A toupee on the cabaret scene
I want to do adverts for American Express cards
Talk shows on prime time TV
A villa in France, my own cocktail bar
And that's where you're gonna find me

Incommunicado, incommunicado

Sometimes it seems like I've been here before
When I hear opportunity kicking in my door
Call it synchronicity call it deja vu
I just put my faith in destiny - it's the way that I
choose

Incommunicado, incommunicado
It's the only way

Looks like it's time to listen to it again ;-)

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

In lugnet.general, Ronald Vallenduuk writes:
Anyone noticed this before? In the old Marillion song 'Incommunicado', some
25sec into the track Fish sings "I'm a citizen of Legoland..."

Whoa. I'm a big Marillion fan and I did not know that! Thanks!

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/