 MediaWatch / 539
Re: EBay Settles Lawsuit Against BidBay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 15:30:34 GMT

"Rick Hallman" <legodude725@removeaol.com> wrote in message
news:Grw296.7AM@lugnet.com...
It seems eBay is out on a witch hunt. I don't think they were the only ones
to come up with the term *bay* for their site. When do the sue Monteray Bay?

This is ridiculus. I think I am boycotting eBay...

I somewhat agree with the BidBay suit though.  They used "bay" in their name, in
an auction site that looked similar to eBay, to trade on eBay's good reputation.
Their suit was a legitimate case of trademark protection.

The BrickBay case, on the other hand, was way out of line, IMO.

-Tim