 MediaWatch / 316 (-20)
  Re: More CubeSolver sightings

Hey that's great! Cool story. Yo, I did an art exhibit a couple of weekends ago and ALOT of people mentioned your cube solver! I said yep! I know of it!!! Looks like you made quite a splash here on the East coast! Good Luck! Eric www.legomaster.com (...) (23 years ago, 30-Oct-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  More CubeSolver sightings

More CubeSolver sightings: Hungarian: (URL) Petersburg Times (Florida): (URL) (nice article, rather dissipated-looking photo). Cheers, JP ---...--- JP Brown Environmental Conservator <envcons@ameritech.net> (23 years ago, 29-Oct-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Update on Maori/Bionicle dispute

from BBC news: "Maori take on hi-tech Lego toys" "After challenging Danish company Lego to stop using Maori words for its hi-tech toys, New Zealand Maori are now planning to work with the company to draft guidelines on how to use traditional (...) (23 years ago, 26-Oct-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general)

  NPR's Morning Edition

THere was a piece about 'Generation X' and the Sept 11th events on Morning Edition this morning. Included was a short interview with the founder/admin of Slashdot in which he mentioned LEGO. Giant Mindstorms robots to invade Afganistan if I remember (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Another Cartoon Network Scooby Doo LEGO sweepstakes

While passing by the tv I saw a commercial for another Scooby Doo LEGO sweepstakes on Cartoon Network. This one has the LEGO Studios theme and ends October 27 IIRC. They said something about a giant sculpture of Shaggy or Daphne or somebody-- maybe (...) (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  CubeSolver in Politiken

All -- Wow! Now CubeSolver is in Danish. Short article at (URL) . Wonder if K^3 read it with his coffee <gulp!>. Cheers, JP (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.dk)

  CubeSolver in 'CHIP'

All -- A short article on my Lego Mindstorms Rubik's cube solving robot has just appeared in the online version of the German computer magazine CHIP (URL) Apparently it will be in the print edition Nov. 1. Cheers / prost, JP (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Misuse of the Lego Brand Name on ABC's The Practice

(...) Heh. Just about everyone does it (calls LEGO Bricks "legos"); athough I find it rather amusing that a show about law and lawyers misuses a trademark. :) thanks, James (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Another article in FastCompany about Lego

This one is in response to the earlier article discussing the trial and tribulations of the TLC. (URL) Martin IndyLUG (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Boys Raise Money via LEGO Kit

Efforts by 3 boys raise $4,700 for N.Y. victims (10/10/2001) Source: San Jose Mercury News: (URL) "sold" bricks for $1 each to build set 3450, Statue of Liberty Sculpture. -Suz (23 years ago, 13-Oct-01, to lugnet.mediawatch) !

  Lego sightings in "The Firm"

This was already posted but it seems there is a mistake with the set in the movie. Its actually the 6346 shuttle launching crew not the 6544 Shuttle Transcon 2. While pausing with the dvd player the box read the "Shuttle Launching Crew" and also a (...) (23 years ago, 13-Oct-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Mindstorms in New York Times

All - My PC-RCX hybrid Rubik's Cube solving robot made it into the New York Times today ('Circuits' section 11 October, 2001). I couldn't be happier. Check it out online at (URL) . More detail on the robot at (URL) . Cheers, JP (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Article about toy recalls/cancellations in wake of Sept 11th

(Mentions the OGEL recall) (URL) Tremors In Toyland By MATTHEW KAUFFMAN, from The Hartford Courant -- October 10, 2001 Look out, kids! The diabolical villain Vitriol is perched on the roof of the World Trade Center, "blasting urban buildings to (...) (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Photo: Giant Lego in Times Square

(...) --- wubwub wubwub@wildlink.com jains.has.it <-- Jain's Guide www.sitcatsit.com <-- a guy and his cat www.wildlink.com <-- the wildlinks Start planning for BrickFest 2002! The AFOL Community's Premier Fan Run Event! www.brickfest.com (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Photo: Giant Lego in Times Square

All: I stumbled across a giagantic ad for Washington Mutual in New York City that featured a Lego house. It is on Times Square (at 7th & 42nd), suspended about 6 or 8 stories up, and is probably a good 20 feet tall. It has a house built out of (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Update to Business 2.0 Article (was: LegOS forced to use another name?)

This update to the article discussed in this thread is taken from the November 2001 issue of Business 2.0. It isn't on (URL) so I thought I would run it through OCR and post it here for everyone to see. LUGNET gets a mention (but not a URL), and the (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: lego/bruce lee homage ad

(...) Do you read magazines at work? ;-) Pedro (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  lego/bruce lee homage ad

Some time ago (about a month) I was reading a random magazine at work (I think it was called "The Source") and came across this ad for clothing which I immediatly ripped out and later scanned. Well, I've decided to share it with you all finally . . (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Update (Re: TLC recalls 6776)

I say bring back the recent RES-Q line, and expand it! That would promote a lot of heroism! I loved the RES-Q theme--too bad it got moved to (ugh!) Jack Stone.. -Scott (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Why recall 6776, why not 1349 ?

(...) Hm, I just bought the 1349 Steven Spielberg moviemaker set yesterday. If you leave the T-rex out of the set, you get two skyscrapers designed for destruction and one background with a city-skyline (before) and one with a destroyed skyline (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact