 MediaWatch / 309
Re: Misuse of the Lego Brand Name on ABC's The Practice
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 16:22:13 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Aaron M. Sneary writes:
As I was watching ABC's The Practice last night, I noticed that they were using
"Lego" repetitively without saying "bricks" or "building toys". I read the Fair
Play statement not long ago and was surprised to hear TLC's trademark being so
blatently misused. Normally, I would say any PR is good PR, but hearing them
say "the boy was playing with Legos" really steamed me because I know they
did not ask permission or read the Fair Play statement. I hope that this
information is helpful.

Heh.  Just about everyone does it (calls LEGO Bricks "legos"); athough I
find it rather amusing that a show about law and lawyers misuses a trademark. :)

thanks,

James