 MediaWatch / 2928
2927  |  2929
Subject:
Terrified of the Free Market, LEGO Begs for Protectionism
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Wed, 18 Jan 2012 03:21:58 GMT

Still unsatisfied despite more than 20 courtroom defeats around the world, LEGO is trying yet again to abuse patent and trademark law to afford itself an unfair market advantage. This time LEGO is actually attempting to get the US to block imports of Mega Brands blocks, apparently because LEGO doesn’t trust consumers to make their own decisions about their construction toy purchases.

Wisely--and predictably--Mega Brands is seeking an injunction to prevent this grotesque over-reaching of market influence.

Read more about LEGO’s cowardly strong-arm tactics here.

Dave!