 MediaWatch / 2450
Re: Lego show on Treasure HD Network
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2008 20:22:40 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Eaton wrote:
In Round 1, they asked the contestants 9 questions

Oh yeah-- the questions were something like this (not sure of the order or the
exact phrasing):

1. "Lego" is a contraction of 2 Danish words. What do those 2 words mean in
English?

2. Lego's first castle set was released in 1978 and was in what color, with what
color drawbridge?

3. What Lego product for toddlers was released in 2004 and was twice the size of
Duplo bricks?

4. Which theme featured the first minifigures in flesh colors?

5. In what year was the Lego Technic theme released?

6. What were Lego's first two licensed themes?

7. What toothbrush manufacturer did Lego team up with to produce its own
toothbrushes?

8. In 1955, Lego came out with their System of Play. What was the name of the
first set in the play system?

9. What program can you download on the internet to build Lego models with
Lego's Factory system?

And the answers? (scroll down)

1. Play Well
2. Yellow & Red (of course, the first castle that I'm aware of is actually the
Wheetabix castle from 1973 or earlier, which was primarily white and red with a
yellow drawbridge)
3. Quatro
4. NBA (their specification of minifigs was vague, but clear-- otherwise we
could've been talking about scala or belville, which had earlier flesh tones)
5. 1977 (this was also iffy, considering the older gears sets from the 60's)
6. Star Wars & Winnie the Pooh (Again, poor specification in the show-- it was
clear what they intended, but Lego's done promo's with other companies going
back to even before they made Automatic Binding Bricks!)
7. Colgate
8. Town Plan (I think they said "first set", although IIRC this was just the
flagship set, and there were other sets in the line. Otherwise, what would the
point of a "system" be?)
9. Lego Digital Designer

DaveE