 MediaWatch / 2281
  'Lego Ban' at Seattle School Fueled by Anti-Private Property Crusaders

You have to go in via (URL) to find this article. There is no direct link. L'Eggo My Lego By Maureen Martin 28 Feb 2007 Some Seattle school children are being told to be skeptical of private property rights. This lesson is being taught by banning (...) (17 years ago, 28-Feb-07, to lugnet.mediawatch) !

  Re: 'Lego Ban' at Seattle School Fueled by Anti-Private Property Crusaders

(...) Hmm. If I was a kid in this class I'd steal my teacher's car. How could they press charges, given their professed beliefs? Bruce (17 years ago, 28-Feb-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: 'Lego Ban' at Seattle School Fueled by Anti-Private Property Crusaders

(...) Right! Anyone should be allowed to walk into your home, treat your house with disrespect, and call you evil when you object. (...) Of course, because civil engineering has taught us that all humans of every culture fit very neatly and easily (...) (17 years ago, 28-Feb-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: 'Lego Ban' at Seattle School Fueled by Anti-Private Property Crusaders

(...) Good grief! Somebody needs to go back and re-educate these teachers! As an educator myself, I find it ridiculous that LEGO was banned. I don't see other building toys banned here...and isn't it LEGO that has things like First LEGO League, (...) (17 years ago, 28-Feb-07, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: 'Lego Ban' at Seattle School Fueled by Anti-Private Property Crusaders

(...) --snip-- (...) I like how the author ties together two entirely different stories into one for hilarious comic effect. Private school teaches children that private property is evil through an example using Lego is so obviously related to how (...) (17 years ago, 28-Feb-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: 'Lego Ban' at Seattle School Fueled by Anti-Private Property Crusaders

(...) Well, it wasn't a statement about the Lego Group, it was a statement about how kids were using the bricks. A quick summary of the article on (URL) states: ---...--- Why We Banned Legos As they watched their elementary-age students playing with (...) (17 years ago, 28-Feb-07, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: 'Lego Ban' at Seattle School Fueled by Anti-Private Property Crusaders

(...) Dave-- Please do post if you find the article. As for the snippet you did post--"In the current issue they describe how some kids hoarded the "best" pieces, denied their classmates any access at all to the pretend town they were building, and (...) (17 years ago, 28-Feb-07, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: 'Lego Ban' at Seattle School Fueled by Anti-Private Property Crusaders

(...) Is it the weather and lack of sunshine that leads to this counter-to-reality belief systems that develop in Washington's educational systems? Does anyone see irony in the PRIVATE School teaching that PRIVATE property is wrong. Maybe the (...) (17 years ago, 1-Mar-07, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: 'Lego Ban' at Seattle School Fueled by Anti-Private Property Crusaders

Looks like Rethinking Schools added the article to their archives, and is visible now: (URL) (17 years ago, 28-Mar-07, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: 'Lego Ban' at Seattle School Fueled by Anti-Private Property Crusaders

(...) Very interesting article. As I expected the original one linked to distorted it severely. I'm glad some educators are taking the effort to teach children to think about concepts of ownership too. In my opinion the amount of implicitly accepted (...) (17 years ago, 4-Apr-07, to lugnet.mediawatch)