 MediaWatch / 2196 (-20)
  Re: Manchester's Millyard in the news

(...) I need to get up there to see this in person. I actually lived within a mile from the Merrimack River (in Mass) in the early 70's. From '74-78 I believe. I remember visiting a firehouse with a tall hose tower on the banks of the river as well (...) (18 years ago, 30-Nov-06, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: Manchester's Millyard in the news

(...) Wow. The level of architectural detailing in this project is something you usually would only see in MiniLand-scale buildings. My heart practically skipped a beat when I saw the pictures of the project members moving those mill buildings (...) (18 years ago, 30-Nov-06, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: Forbes Reputation list: LEGO no. 2

(...) Barilla makes pasta, and is really big, too, #1 in italy for dried pasta. It as also a family controlled company: (URL) (18 years ago, 30-Nov-06, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Forbes Reputation list: LEGO no. 2

Hi, In the Forbes Magazine list of the worlds 200 most reputable companies, LEGO is no. 2 (and I must confess that I have never heard of the no. 1, Barilla from Italy). (URL) Copenhagen (18 years ago, 30-Nov-06, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Forbes Reputation list: LEGO no. 2

Hi, In the Forbes Magazine list of the worlds 200 most reputable companies, LEGO is no. 2 (and I must confess that I have never heard of the no. 1, Barilla from Italy). (URL) Copenhagen (18 years ago, 30-Nov-06, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Manchester's Millyard in the news

Good coverage of the (URL) Millyard Project> is in the (URL) Telegraph>. (URL) NELUG> played a vital role in the project. Go NELUG! (18 years ago, 30-Nov-06, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX) !!

  Business week article

A friend found this article and I thought I would pass it along: (URL) one thing I found intersting was the comment on this page about the "spud" (URL) Jim F. (18 years ago, 29-Nov-06, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  WAMALUG in the Washington Post

Just saw this on the front page of the Washington Post's website: (URL) 35, and Something Went Snap>. The first part is about the Master Builders, but several WAMALUG members and LUGNET posters are mentioned at the end. Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's (...) (18 years ago, 26-Nov-06, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.legoland.california, FTX)

  Re: Little girl flashes knife as she tries to steal LEGO toys

(...) find out what sets she wanted. (All of me notes that this is the first time I've posted in ages. Wow.) -Andrusi && Sanity not included. (18 years ago, 17-Nov-06, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Little girl flashes knife as she tries to steal LEGO toys

(...) parents. Jonathan (18 years ago, 17-Nov-06, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Little girl flashes knife as she tries to steal LEGO toys

From tampabays10.com: "Largo, Florida - Largo Police are looking for a little girl who pulled a knife on a Wal-Mart clerk as she tried to steal two boxes of Lego toy blocks..." Whole story: (URL) (18 years ago, 17-Nov-06, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  From the "Stranger than Fiction" files...

A 7- or 8-year-old girl attempted to steal two LEGO boxes, and when confronted by security, pulled a knife. The girl is at large. (URL) I thought I was fanatic about bricks... (18 years ago, 16-Nov-06, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  LEGOLAND® California adds Las Vegas to Miniland in 2007

LEGOLAND® California Adds Iconic City to Miniland U.S.A. CARLSBAD, CA,/PRNewswire-FirstCall/ Nov. 9, 2006 -- LEGOLAND® California is about to embark on the largest ever Miniland expansion at any LEGOLAND Park. The Carlsbad theme park will expand (...) (18 years ago, 10-Nov-06, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.legoland, lugnet.legoland.california, FTX)

  Re: Lego says it's running out of toys for Christmas

(...) TLG has released updated info about the shortages report, saying the original quote was specifically only in the Scandinavian market, not worldwide. (URL) Kelly (18 years ago, 1-Nov-06, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego says it's running out of toys for Christmas

(...) And here's an amusing little audio skit about the news... (URL) Kelly (18 years ago, 1-Nov-06, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego says it's running out of toys for Christmas

(...) I gave up long ago on the idea that TLC ever thinks logically... JohnG, GMLTC (18 years ago, 31-Oct-06, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego says it's running out of toys for Christmas

(...) really well if it's heard that you're having trouble keeping up with demand. Makes it sound like demand is super-high. DaveE (18 years ago, 31-Oct-06, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego says it's running out of toys for Christmas

(...) Just to play devil's advocate... sometimes in business you just gotta do what you gotta do. I don't pretend to know what goes on behind closed doors in LEGO, but if the budget was just that tight, or contracts could only be started on certain (...) (18 years ago, 31-Oct-06, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Lego says it's running out of toys for Christmas

(URL) Danish toy maker is having a hard time keeping up with demand for its popular plastic building blocks as toy stores stack their inventories for the Christmas season, company officials said Tuesday." Ummm... some AFOL's that I spoke with a few (...) (18 years ago, 31-Oct-06, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  LEGO Robot Fest: Victoria, BC

From: (URL) News> Girls' robot fest canned By Amy Dove Saanich News Oct 25 2006 (URL) You've never seen Lego move like this. The small robots use more than 500 available pieces to dance, kick and trek their way through obstacle courses - of at least (...) (18 years ago, 27-Oct-06, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic, lugnet.org.ca.viclug, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact