 MediaWatch / 2121 (-20)
  The End of Lego (was: Massive Layoffs At Lego (in Enfield, CT))

(...) Read the news today, oh boy (sorry for such an obvious quote, I could'nt resist). Why is anyone suprised by this? Lego has stated for the last 2 years that this was going to happen. Here's the thing: I dont think this is the worse news you are (...) (18 years ago, 21-Jun-06, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general) !

  Re: Massive Layoffs At Lego (in Enfield, CT)

After nine years of working for an international company, I am still amazed that the "modern" answer to unfavorable business results is practically always job cuts. They don't seem to teach anything else in management classes anymore (did they (...) (18 years ago, 20-Jun-06, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Massive Layoffs At Lego (in Enfield, CT)

(...) Wow. I heard it first on the local talk/news radio station (WTIC 1080 AM) a few minutes before I dug up the quoted newspaper article. I'd never guess this would become a national story. A bit of digging turned up the press release on the (...) (18 years ago, 20-Jun-06, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Massive Layoffs At Lego (in Enfield, CT)

As of 9:59 am Pacific Time, this story is on Yahoo's front page. Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 (18 years ago, 20-Jun-06, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Massive Layoffs At Lego (in Enfield, CT)

(...) That's a big hit for Enfield, a town that enjoyed its close relationship with TLC. Enfield lost molding in 2000 and now is losing packaging. Soon there will be just two buildings left. I grew up in CT, about 13 miles north of "Erector Square" (...) (18 years ago, 20-Jun-06, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Massive Layoffs At Lego (in Enfield, CT)

After I picked my jaw up off the floor, all I can say is WOW. Not quite what I expected. And it's making me rethink our 'LEGO only store/warehouse' since I can not see how this can do anything but make things even crazier. (18 years ago, 20-Jun-06, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Massive Layoffs At Lego (in Enfield, CT)

(URL) follows: Danish-based toy maker Lego Systems Inc. plans to lay off more than 44 percent of its Enfield work force by early next year, and will close its Enfield packaging operation, subcontracting all warehousing, packaging, and distribution (...) (18 years ago, 20-Jun-06, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general) !!

  Re: LEGO Pyramid on Robot Chicken

(...) Find it here while it lasts... (URL) (18 years ago, 20-Jun-06, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Urban planning exercise using LEGO bricks

From today's Baltimore Sun: (URL) Getting ahead of the game> ===...=== Workshop focuses on coping with region's projected growth By Timothy B. Wheeler Sun Reporter June 10, 2006 If you think the Baltimore-Washington area is too crowded, just where (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jun-06, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  LEGO Bricks for New Orleans

Saw this in today's Minneapolis Star Tribune: (URL) LEGO for New Orleans> The LEGO Company is accepting donations of new bricks for New Orleans classrooms, and will match all the donations brick-for-brick. They will also send out a wristband as a (...) (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: Newest Master Model Builder on CNET

(...) I've uploaded a few more photos from the event to brickshelf. (URL) Mat (18 years ago, 24-May-06, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Newest Master Model Builder on CNET

Here's the story on the final building competition at LL-CA that happened May 23rd. (URL) And here's a photo of the winner's, Jason Poland, creation- a fire breathing snowman. (URL) (18 years ago, 24-May-06, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: BrickiWiki

(...) I remember I was beside myself that day...;-) Actually, I had intended to create a page, but didn't get the hang of it right away, and settled for a simple edit instead (which obviously any idiot such as myself can figure out;-) (...) I'll (...) (18 years ago, 17-May-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: BrickiWiki

(...) I'll support this. Klas has made a fantastic job of getting the initial links set up. Now all it needs is for people to keep them up to date. I go there any time I need to find out about a theme or area of Lego I'm not familiar with. Tim (18 years ago, 17-May-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: BrickiWiki

(...) Unless someone else has taken to being you, you seem to have got at least the basics right ;) I noticed your edit the other day. A good place to start with BrickWiki is probably the (URL) FAQ>. Tim PS. It has come to my attention that the (...) (18 years ago, 17-May-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: BrickiWiki

Another fan effort that needs more publicity is (URL) Wiki-Brick-Links> by Klas Schöldström. This is simply a fan-updatable link database using the wiki format. Ultimately an interactive site is the only solution to the constant problem of outdated (...) (18 years ago, 17-May-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: BrickiWiki

(...) I concur wholeheartedly. On principle I personally will never use it, and I would encourage all other AFOLs to avoid it as well, sticking to the homegrown original (URL) Brickwiki>. In fact, I think that there should be a frontpage link on (...) (18 years ago, 17-May-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: BrickiWiki

(...) Also announced (URL) here>. IMO this is not a legitimate effort but is an attachment. (URL) Brickwiki> (no extra i) has been around for quite some time, is quite comprehensive and is most definitely an AFOL effort. To be honest, I'm really (...) (18 years ago, 17-May-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  BrickiWiki

This link arrived in my mailbox this morning courtesy of Google Alerts: (URL) this a legitamate AFOL effort or a company attaching itself to the LEGO brand? -- Bryan (18 years ago, 17-May-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Customer-Made report

(URL) two references to LEGO: one about LEGOFactory, and another about LUGNET - specifically the lugnet.dear-lego newsgroup. - Kelly (18 years ago, 11-May-06, to lugnet.mediawatch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact