 MediaWatch / 2111 (-20)
  Re: Newest Master Model Builder on CNET

(...) I've uploaded a few more photos from the event to brickshelf. (URL) Mat (18 years ago, 24-May-06, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Newest Master Model Builder on CNET

Here's the story on the final building competition at LL-CA that happened May 23rd. (URL) And here's a photo of the winner's, Jason Poland, creation- a fire breathing snowman. (URL) (18 years ago, 24-May-06, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: BrickiWiki

(...) I remember I was beside myself that day...;-) Actually, I had intended to create a page, but didn't get the hang of it right away, and settled for a simple edit instead (which obviously any idiot such as myself can figure out;-) (...) I'll (...) (18 years ago, 17-May-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: BrickiWiki

(...) I'll support this. Klas has made a fantastic job of getting the initial links set up. Now all it needs is for people to keep them up to date. I go there any time I need to find out about a theme or area of Lego I'm not familiar with. Tim (18 years ago, 17-May-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: BrickiWiki

(...) Unless someone else has taken to being you, you seem to have got at least the basics right ;) I noticed your edit the other day. A good place to start with BrickWiki is probably the (URL) FAQ>. Tim PS. It has come to my attention that the (...) (18 years ago, 17-May-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: BrickiWiki

Another fan effort that needs more publicity is (URL) Wiki-Brick-Links> by Klas Schöldström. This is simply a fan-updatable link database using the wiki format. Ultimately an interactive site is the only solution to the constant problem of outdated (...) (18 years ago, 17-May-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: BrickiWiki

(...) I concur wholeheartedly. On principle I personally will never use it, and I would encourage all other AFOLs to avoid it as well, sticking to the homegrown original (URL) Brickwiki>. In fact, I think that there should be a frontpage link on (...) (18 years ago, 17-May-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: BrickiWiki

(...) Also announced (URL) here>. IMO this is not a legitimate effort but is an attachment. (URL) Brickwiki> (no extra i) has been around for quite some time, is quite comprehensive and is most definitely an AFOL effort. To be honest, I'm really (...) (18 years ago, 17-May-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  BrickiWiki

This link arrived in my mailbox this morning courtesy of Google Alerts: (URL) this a legitamate AFOL effort or a company attaching itself to the LEGO brand? -- Bryan (18 years ago, 17-May-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Customer-Made report

(URL) two references to LEGO: one about LEGOFactory, and another about LUGNET - specifically the lugnet.dear-lego newsgroup. - Kelly (18 years ago, 11-May-06, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Interesting AFOL article in NJ paper

(...) IT'S AY-FOAL, NOT AWWWWWWW FUL!!!!!!! Peace and Bricks!!!! M (18 years ago, 10-May-06, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Nathan Sawaya in Time for Kids

(...) Thanks for posting, Jeff. It reads like a TLG interview. It's too bad that the first pic is of Nathan holding Corey Sanders' globe design as if it were his own. JOHN (18 years ago, 8-May-06, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Nathan Sawaya in Time for Kids

The classroom-oriented children's magazine Time for Kids had an article on Master Builder Nathan Sawaya recently: (URL) haven't had time to read through it yet, but I thought others would be interested in it. Jeff (18 years ago, 8-May-06, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  3 life-size human busts built for Herman Miller "See magazine"

Hi again, everybody! Back in February I was asked to build three life-size monochromatic human busts. They were included in Herman Miller's award-winning design magazine, "SEE", alongside an article about the humanization of architecture and design. (...) (18 years ago, 3-May-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.build.sculpture, FTX)

  Brick Testament in Metro newpaper

There was a short article on the Brick Testament in the free UK newspaper Metro of Friday 28th April. It featured the last supper and Adam and Eve (full frontal nudity in a national newspaper :shock: ;-) ) Tim PS Brendan, would you like me to send a (...) (18 years ago, 29-Apr-06, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Interesting AFOL article in NJ paper

(URL) is a pretty decent introduction to AFOLs. Has some interesting quotes from Steve Witt, and mentions BrickFest. One downside: everybody is quoted as saying "Legos". >_< - Kelly (18 years ago, 29-Apr-06, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Newswatch: Fifth Legoland Park in Kansas City area in 2009

(...) The glory of fast-passes fix that for the more popular rides such as SM ;) But the rides at LLCA move slowww...www. They have very low per-hour capacity that brings everything to a very slow crawl. And it is only worse when LLCA cuts down on (...) (18 years ago, 28-Apr-06, to lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.legoland)

  Re: Newswatch: Fifth Legoland Park in Kansas City area in 2009

(...) Standing in line is not my idea of a fun vacation - especially with short attention span 4-12 year olds. If Legoland purposely cuts off attendance each day to insure small lines, charge a high gate fee, and can still make a profit, I think (...) (18 years ago, 28-Apr-06, to lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.legoland)

  Re: Newswatch: Fifth Legoland Park in Kansas City area in 2009

I think that a better spot in the midwest would be near the major population centers. That would be near the Great Lakes. I think an ideal location would be near Cedar Pointe Amusement Park near Sandusky Ohio on Lake Erie. It would be within a few (...) (18 years ago, 28-Apr-06, to lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Newswatch: Fifth Legoland Park in Kansas City area in 2009

(...) I think there is a good chance for it to succeed in the Kansas City area. If your target attendance is 1.4M a year (which the other 4 Legoland parks average), that is well within the realm of reason if you include everything within a day's (...) (18 years ago, 28-Apr-06, to lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.legoland)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact