 MediaWatch / 1849
Re: ABC's Extreme Makeover--May 22nd, 2005
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Tue, 24 May 2005 04:37:26 GMT

(snip)
I was thoroughly tweaked about their blatantly obvious avoidance of mentioning
the LEGO company in any fashion. I mean, I realize that Sears put in a half a
mil, and Disney put in probably a 100k (between the trip and the little girls
dresses) and that the housing company (was it Sheffield Homes) put in an easy 2
mil between the supplies and personnel. But LEGO did contribute and, in my
opinion, did not deserve the visible snubbing they got...I mean geez a couple of
day s of the master builders team and what looked to have been an entire PAB
wall... Given that LEGO is not the size of Sears, Disney or the others it was
still a significant contribution. Ah well, the media always does manage to tweak
my sensibilities with their gross slant they apply to everything.

I really applaud the Vet Center piece of the project though...

I just wonder if H&R Block is going to help them come tax time.. that place was
huge!

well, apparently, if you want product placement on Extreme Home Makeover, it
costs 100K.  If you don't contribute, your name gets mentioned verbally...

The model builder shop also contributed all remaining bricks to the local Native
american tribe(s) as well.

Scott Lyttle