 MediaWatch / 166 (-10)
  Re: New Civil Engineer letter

(...) In the US we commonly call them Popsicle sticks, but that's actually a case of trademark dilution, as Popsicle is a trademark for a brand of "paddle pops". I think there is a generic name but I forget what it is. Note that these sticks are (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jul-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Civil Engineer letter

During my first year of Civil Engineering, we had a project of building a model bridge using paddlepop sticks (Australian term), i'm not sure what they're called around the world, but their the wooden sticks you get with ice creams bought in (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jul-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Civil Engineer letter

(...) If only the Institution of Civil Engineers had a 'construction toy position'! In my opinion they do not do enough to promote civils amoing schoolchildren and when they do (usually at the 14-16 level) they tend to use spaghetti or straws for (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jul-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.technic)

  Re: North American Lego Studios Moviemaking Awards

Here's an article on one of the semifinalists from the ChicagoLand area, also a collaboration between brothers: (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jul-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.animation)

  LEGO Set #6544 Spotted in Film - The Firm

To All, My wife and I were finishing watching The Firm, with Tom Cruise, his character being a new lawyer in that Memphis law firm, who has ties to the mob, etc. etc. etc. Anyway, in one of th elast parts of the film, Tom was going through his (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jul-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  North American Lego Studios Moviemaking Awards

Here's an article from the Globe and Mail of July 3 about the winners of the above awards - two 11-year olds from Oakville, Ontario. The scans are here (warning, 280-440K GIF files): (URL) the text is here, at least until the Globe does away with (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jul-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.animation)

  Re: New Civil Engineer letter

(...) My wife used to work for the American Society of Civil Engineers and to the best of my recollection, that organization is really into using KNEX for educational purposes. She did bring in LEGO for a 'play' area for a bring your kid to work day (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego Racing

Ya, I saw that too. It surprised me, I only caught a quick glimps of it at first. The car was the Shell sponsered, Team Rahal, number 8 of Kenny Brack. This is the team that is co-owned by David Letterman. You can see a picture of it by following (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego Racing

(...) It was on the Shell® Car.. I saw it too! Kinda neat little surprise : ) John (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Lego Racing

Anybody notice the ABC telecast of the Cleveland CART Grand Prix? One of the cars (can't remember which one) had an on-board camera and when it showed a front view, there on the right fender was the well known red square with yellow letters of (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact