 MediaWatch / 162
161  |  163
Subject:
LEGO Set #6544 Spotted in Film - The Firm
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Wed, 4 Jul 2001 02:39:12 GMT

To All,

My wife and I were finishing watching The Firm, with Tom Cruise, his
character  being a new lawyer in that Memphis law firm, who has ties to the
mob, etc. etc. etc. Anyway, in one of th elast parts of the film, Tom was
going through his trashed house, when the FBI agent came and started
harassing him about the files he turned over, about overcharging clients. In
the part where Tom (Mitch) was near the entertainment center, in the living
room, when he was bending over to get something, in the lower left of the
screen, there is the 6544 box, with the LEGO SYSTEM on it, and everything. I
noticed it and thought, no way, that can't be a LEGO box. I watched it about
8 times, and had my wife rolling her eyes at me, and saw the shuttle on the
blue background. It is only there for about 2 or 3 seconds, so be sure to
look a few times. But I was so proud to see that! I have to watch the movie
again to see if that model is built somewhere.

Talk about being pathetic! : )

Here is the link to the set:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6544

Scott "I can recognize that logo anywhere" Sanburn