 MediaWatch / 1648
  Re: LEGO sells "violent" toys?

I first saw this thread almost as a troll - an article that had legitimate concerns over violent toys mentioned Lego and all the Lego fans rushed blindly to the defense of their favorite toy. But I think two very important discussion points have (...) (20 years ago, 18-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO sells "violent" toys?

(...) Hello Thomas, As the one who posted the link and started this thread I can assure you that it was in no way meant to be a troll of any kind. I hope my past postings on LUGNET are proof enough that I'm just not that kind of person. However, I (...) (20 years ago, 19-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  European vs American Market and Values (Was: LEGO sells "violent" toys?)

(...) Thank you very much! As I said, I very much prefer Lego for the creativity values it once represented (and which it tries to regain), but the current set design is very unattractive to me and other adults I talked to. Kids might like Bionicle (...) (20 years ago, 19-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: European vs American Market and Values (Was: LEGO sells "violent"toys?)

Christian Treczoks wrote in message ... (...) I can't speak for toy stores in the US, but in my part of Canada, in independent toystores (I don't see it in department stores at all), Playmobil has as much or more shelf space as LEGO, usually right (...) (20 years ago, 19-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)