 MediaWatch / 1597
    ToysRus is taking your vote for your best toy award —Patrick Bégin
   ToysRus is taking your vote for your best toy award 2005 at : (URL) the construction and building category, you have to chose between Big Air Tower by K'nex, Dragons Fire and Ice Dragons Mountain by Mego Bloks, Lego Knights by Lego and Nano-Tropolis (...) (20 years ago, 6-Oct-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

        Re: ToysRus is taking your vote for your best toy award —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) Clearly rigged, they've chosen a Lego product that may not be Lego's best work. But on the other hand the Mega partisans may end up splitting their vote. I'm not convinced these polls really do much other than drum up traffic. (20 years ago, 6-Oct-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

         Re: ToysRus is taking your vote for your best toy award —Adrian Egli
      (...) You're right. After reading this (URL) article> TRU needs the traffic. Adr. (20 years ago, 6-Oct-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

         Re: ToysRus is taking your vote for your best toy award —David Eaton
     (...) Sadly, although I'll vote for Lego, I think of the 4 options, the Nano collection or the K'Nex are far and away the better building toys. The MB Dragons line is simply a travesty, and they picked a horrible small set for Lego. Maybe if they (...) (20 years ago, 6-Oct-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

         Re: ToysRus is taking your vote for your best toy award —Mark Riley
     (...) But, why? What's the motivation to have MB come out on top? Better profit margins selling those sets? Mark (20 years ago, 6-Oct-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

         Re: ToysRus is taking your vote for your best toy award —David Eaton
     (...) I guess you'd have to ask TRU. Could be better profit from MB sets, could be that TRU has better relations with MB, could be that as of late other merchandisers have been undercutting TRU on Lego, but not as much on MB. Could be pressure from (...) (20 years ago, 6-Oct-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

        Re: ToysRus is taking your vote for your best toy award —David Eaton
   (...) And the winner is..... Not Lego. But not MegaBloks either, thankfully! Instead the K'Nex "Big Air Ball Tower": (URL) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)