 MediaWatch / 1566 (-20)
  Re: The castle vs. space war escalates...on ESPN.com???

(...) Wow! This is great! More people should see this article! Terry (20 years ago, 2-Sep-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.sports)

  The castle vs. space war escalates...on ESPN.com???

(2 URLs) (20 years ago, 1-Sep-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.sports) !

  Ellen features LEGO names today

Right now, more at the end of the show, she said. On Oxygen. Olof (currently in Nebraska) (20 years ago, 1-Sep-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  "LEGO rebuilds after bad year"

I saw this today and thought others might find it interesting... 'Lego fanaticism on the internet ranges from the nerdy to the bizarre, with unofficial fan sites like www.lugnet.com featuring movies such as "Lego Chainsaw Massacre" and "Spiderman". (...) (20 years ago, 1-Sep-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  New retail Announced for California

Courtesy of Google News Alerts: (URL) LEGO Systems, Inc., the Americas division of one of the world's best-known toy brands, prepares to open three new LEGO(R) brand retail stores in the San Francisco Bay Area. The growth will bring the total number (...) (20 years ago, 24-Aug-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: Brickfest in Washington Post

(...) LOL.. I most certainly did not say "Legos" but then again I did talk to her for over an hour... Over all I am quite happy with what was printed. -Christina Hitchcock (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Brickfest in Danish national TV2

Last night Danish TV2 had a financial story about TLC expecting a zero-result for 2004. The fun part was that they had their correspondent to visit Brickfest and tell mostly about the Brickfest itself but also about the adult market. He also (...) (20 years ago, 19-Aug-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Brickfest in Washington Post

(...) On the whole a very nice article--much better than most in mainstream print. As always Cristina was sparkling. Tommy Armstrong www.brickengraver.com (20 years ago, 19-Aug-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest in Washington Post

(...) She's paraphrasing what a child would say in reference to their own collection of LEGO bricks. No foul. Nice, job, Christina! (20 years ago, 19-Aug-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest in Washington Post

Short publicity article for BrickFest in which Christina reportedly says "Legos". Would she really say that? (URL) registration usually required) (20 years ago, 19-Aug-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: 2 movies: Star Wars Game & Arla Ekspres commercial

Rene, The StarWars link doesn't work (no access). Can you fix it or post the correct url? Thanks, Marck (20 years ago, 18-Aug-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  2 movies: Star Wars Game & Arla Ekspres commercial

Hi, with permission of Jan Beyer (LEGO Direct), I've uploaded two official LEGO movies: 1) Trailer of a new Star Wars Game: (URL) (8 MB) 2) commercial of "Arla Ekspres", a danish milk: (URL) (4 MB) Leg Godt! René (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.town)

  BrickBros Press Release

Noticed via a Google News Clipper: Arizona Teens Building Profitable Empire Brick-By-Plastic-Brick...“No Flipping Burgers For These Young Entrepreneurs” (URL) Following up on (URL) the Press Release states: ...LEGO has always required a physical (...) (20 years ago, 13-Aug-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.brickshops, FTX)

  ESPG at ROPECON

I was reading (URL) Dork Tower> creator John Kvalic's (URL) live journal> and noted that people were playing ESPG (or something that looks similar to it) at this (URL) ROPECON> he attended. (URL) Thought it was interesting. I don't speak/read (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.gaming, FTX)

  Re: Trademark defense doesn't work vs Mega Bloks

(...) Actually, the original 'tubes patent' explicitly included substituted shapes for the tubes, such as crosses. TLG patents even what they will *not* produce, and in this case quite understandably. Eric Brok (20 years ago, 6-Aug-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Trademark defense doesn't work vs Mega Bloks

(...) As much as I love the trollish Vorgans and some of the Dragons pieces (particularly the rough-hewn bricks), I really don't care for the painting on a good many of the elements, and the over-juniorization leaves me cold. Aside from being a (...) (20 years ago, 6-Aug-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Trademark defense doesn't work vs Mega Bloks

(...) planning to appeal the case, for it seems like it will be a waste of money. I think TLC would be able to better compete with MegaBloks on price if they didn't spend so much money trying to compete in the courtroom. It seems like better prices (...) (20 years ago, 6-Aug-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

"Dave Schuler" <orrex@excite.com> wrote in message news:I1xvnx.1pEM@lugnet.com... (...) As a (...) see (...) I got one of the smaller 'Dragons' sets just to see what it was like, how the figs looked and (shh tell noone - if any of the parts would be (...) (20 years ago, 6-Aug-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Trademark defense doesn't work vs Mega Bloks

(...) Whoops, you're right. I was thinking back to the beginning of the company, but the ABBs weren't introduced until '49, and introduction of the stud-and-tube design in '58 was when they really took off. The warehouse fire in '60 wasn't really (...) (20 years ago, 5-Aug-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Trademark defense doesn't work vs Mega Bloks

(...) I dunno about "a few" decades since there was only about an 11 year overlap before the warehouse fire :) Truth is there were lots of similar products on the market going back to the early 1930's (about 15-20 years before Automatic Binding (...) (20 years ago, 5-Aug-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact