 MediaWatch / 1391 (-10)
  Welcome Back Duplo

Lego attempts to woo back preschoolers by relaunching Duplo series (URL) interesting figures (if correct) like the fact the rebrand to 'Explore' dropped sales figures by 30 - 50 % :O (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lore on Lego vs. Legos

(...) It's not just any blog. (...) Sure, I'll *spell* it right. :) (...) Setting it back, because What-Ever. (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lore on Lego vs. Legos

(...) <sigh> I'm going to play with my legos. (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lore on Lego vs. Legos

Somebody needs a nap. Mike (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lore on Lego vs. Legos

Whoever wrote that totally rules. That little article makes so much sense that it hurts...but it's a good kinda hurt. (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lore on Lego vs. Legos

(...) I'm not sure what pains me more: the fact that this issue seems to come up again and again or the fact that we are now spotlighting 'news' articles from blogs. (...) Which is all well and good except for two things: 1) Many of us around here (...) (21 years ago, 2-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Lore on Lego vs. Legos

(...) :) If you want. But I usually write "Lugnet" or "LUGnet". (21 years ago, 2-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lore on Lego vs. Legos

(...) Does that mean we should henceforth say El You Gee Enn Ee Tee instead of LUGNET? Dave! (not purple, though my prose can be purple when it's red (well, "read"), and my language can be blue) (21 years ago, 2-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lore on Lego vs. Legos

(...) Yeah, but within that trademark blurb, the LEGO Group asks you to refer to their product as LEGO bricks or toys, in the plural. People can read that a couple of ways: from the "brand name protection" angle, or from the "settle this plural (...) (21 years ago, 2-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lore on Lego vs. Legos

(...) I think you need to read the last paragraph again. :) As for the capitalization issue: that's a very long-standing conflict between marketing/sales/companies and journalists. See: (URL) Which includes the classic summary: "You want all caps? (...) (21 years ago, 2-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact