 MediaWatch / 1166 (-10)
  Re: Speaking of the recall...

(...) Should I be impressed that this candidate likes LEGO, afraid that he likes the wrong kind, or annoyed that this reference is pandering to the audience or ?? (21 years ago, 6-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Speaking of the recall...

..the Sacramento NBC affiliate did short profiles of the major California gubernatorial candidates tonight. The Peter Camejo (Green Party) profile began with Mr. Camejo holding his grandson and saying to him, "You want to talk about Bionicles?" Hmm, (...) (21 years ago, 6-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  The White Stripes' 'Girl' Video Block Party

email from my far away daughter: "you need to watch this white stripes music video (URL) is a link on the right side of the article" enjoy... sheree (21 years ago, 4-Oct-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  LEGO -- Ripley's: 8 October

An update about the airing of my appearance on Ripley's Believe It Or Not! TV. Evidently my gig will be featured on Episode 421, which is to air on 8 October (this upcoming Wednesday). The schedule at the TBS website: (URL) me with other things (...) (21 years ago, 3-Oct-03, to lugnet.mediawatch) !

  Brick Testament in Entertainment Weekly and Budget Living

There is an item about (URL) The Brick Testament: Stories from the Book of Genesis> in this week's (3 October 2003) issue of Entertainment Weekly. It's on page 78, in the book reviews section. Here's a scan of it: (URL) Also, there is an item about (...) (21 years ago, 29-Sep-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX) !

  Publisher's Weekly reviews The Brick Testament

The following review of (URL) The Brick Testament: Stories from the Book of Genesis> appeared in the 15 September issue of Publisher's Weekly. It's the first editorial review of the book that I'm aware of. THE BRICK TESTAMENT: Stories from the Book (...) (21 years ago, 26-Sep-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.books, FTX) !!

  LEGO supports the paranormal!

Not sure if this quite qualifies for mediawatch, but the back cover of the latest issue of Fortean Times is a full-page ad for LEGO, featuring the AT-AT, Jabba's Palace, and Why Can't I Remember The Other One At The Moment? Fortean Times also caters (...) (21 years ago, 23-Sep-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  LEGO® secures 'Spider-Man 2' movie rights

Playthings -- 9/9/2003 By Staff LEGO® secures 'Spider-Man 2' rights NEW YORK — LEGO® is among a half-dozen new domestic licensees for Spider-Man 2 announced this week by Sony Pictures Consumer Products. LEGO has been granted worldwide rights for (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Press releases

Anyone have any sample press releases they'd be willing to share? Knowing how the press release fared when sent out (in terms of whether it got any coverage as a result) certainly would be nice too, but not required. Thanks! (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org)

  Google News is a good way to get references to Lego in the media

I am a big fan of Google News ((URL) You can use it to set up "news alerts" that send out an e-mail when a certain keyword is found in news stories (say, LEGO). One of the things I love about it is its breadth of coverage. You get news from lots of (...) (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact