 MediaWatch / 1141 (-20)
  Re: LEGO, Conan O'Brien, TODAY SHOW

(...) Very cool Eric, as always. I remember seeing earlier this year they had LEGO bust of all the Today show host one morning. I forgot the reason behind it but they did have one of the LEGO master builders on the show. There must be a LEGO fan (...) (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

"Eric Harshbarger" <eric@ericharshbarger.org> wrote in message news:HKwrDn.B3J@lugnet.com... (...) Oh holy crap I hate you. Conan is probably one of my favorite shows of all time. I'd even give him stuff for free I like him so much. What an honor. [ (...) (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO, Conan O'Brien, TODAY SHOW

(...) Congratulations Eric! Lots of photos of the show would be appreciated, as I don't have cable at my home. (21 years ago, 8-Sep-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  LEGO, Conan O'Brien, TODAY SHOW

Folks, wanted to give everyone a heads up to this before the fact so maybe someone out there can get some nifty screen captures for me... On the NBC TODAY SHOW, Wednesday morning (not sure what time the actual segment will air), there will be a (...) (21 years ago, 8-Sep-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce) !!

  Re: Brick Testament mention on arstechnica

(...) e-mailed about it from a couple of my friends. I had received an order for the Holy Trinity custom set a few weeks back, and the address to send it to was Ars Technica, and I thought to myself, "Isn't that that website my geek buddies read? (...) (21 years ago, 3-Sep-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Brick Testament mention on arstechnica

Don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but the Brick Testament has been mentioned in an August 31 arstechnica article... (URL) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Real Life 101

We usually don't watch this show, but Tivo recorded it for us - it had an article on LEGO model designers. They explained their job, how models were designed, and what you need to do to get a job there :) The show was quite old, apparently, since (...) (21 years ago, 31-Aug-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  World's best toys

Aricle in The Mirror: (URL) one of Swedens largest magazines, made an "translation article" into Swedish but also host a poll on which toy is the #1. LEGO is at top with over 90% of the votes! :) (just the poll): (URL) Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 29-Aug-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Throwaway LEGOLAND(tm) reference

"LEGOLAND(tm)" has entered popular culture as a destination or reference... you now see it popping up in throwaway references just like Disneyland(tm) etc. do. For example, from an article about SoBig.F today (cited for purposes of review and (...) (21 years ago, 22-Aug-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  LEGO reference in "Get Fuzzy"

Lego as a weapon? *grin* (URL) (after today, I think the link will be: (URL) ) JohnG (21 years ago, 22-Aug-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: LEGOLAND® Named 'Best' Theme Park in the World

It's in the list, that's enough of a surprise.... Just noticed Tivoli is in there too. Visited Tivoli this summer, and after Legoland it was quite a disappointment. Expensive, and as our danish friends said: the only scary thing about most rides is (...) (21 years ago, 22-Aug-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Creative Review

This months Creative Review magazine (Sept 2003) has a 2 page spread on marketing companies with all the images created out of Lego The people who made the models are the guys from www.littleartist.co.uk the guys who sell their mocs for £100s Good (...) (21 years ago, 21-Aug-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGOLAND® Named 'Best' Theme Park in the World

(...) That's only because Alton Towers comes first alphabetically among those selected :) Adrian (...) (21 years ago, 20-Aug-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

Interesting to see Altan Towers topping that list. They recently won a trophy for 'Britain's worst day out' in the BBC series Britain's Worst.... Duq "David Eaton" <deaton@intdata.com> wrote in message news:HJxHrw.1x8L@lugnet.com... (...) popular (...) (21 years ago, 21-Aug-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGOLAND® Named 'Best' Theme Park in the World

(...) Here's the Forbes article: (URL) lists 12 parks (sorta-- cuz some have more than 1 location): - Alton Towers (Staffordshire, UK) - Busch Gardens (Tampa, FL) - Cedar Point (Sandusky, OH) - Discovery Cove (Orlando, FL) - Disney (Anaheim, CA; (...) (21 years ago, 20-Aug-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  LEGO in movies

A machinery, made from LEGO Technic, has a prominent role in the swedish movie "Varning for Jönssonligan" (1981) Link: (URL). The movie is a family comedy about a criminal "mastermind" and his two partners in crime. The device is used to open a (...) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Daft Planet

Just noticed a segment in Daft Planet (animated show) where Jake uses firecrackers on a LEGOesk yellowbrick castle. Includes a imagination part with brother and co as Mini-Figs defending the castle. Best DaveG Note: Infolink about show (URL) the (...) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Article in Computerworld about LEGO servers

Hello all, I just saw this article on the Computerworld website about the LEGO Company switching from HP servers to IBM servers. The article doesn't have much to do with bricks, but I figured it still may be of interest to some people around here. (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Ldraw.org on [H]ard-OCP

I just saw this on (URL) so ldraw.org should prepare for an increase on bandwidth, most sites usually overload when they've been put on the newspage: Leggo my Lego: Never again will a small child have the ability to run into the room and bumrush (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: BrickFest mention on CBS radio in NorCal

(...) The was a TV story Sunday night on one of our local stations, WTVD (ABC) about Brickfest, mentioning the attendee count and footage. My parents asked me if I was there this past weekend:) Joe Meno (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact