 MediaWatch / 1133
1132  |  1134
Subject:
Throwaway LEGOLAND(tm) reference
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 13:17:36 GMT

"LEGOLAND(tm)" has entered popular culture as a destination or reference... you
now see it popping up in throwaway references just like Disneyland(tm) etc. do.

For example, from an article about SoBig.F today (cited for purposes of review
and comment):

http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/news/local/6579489.htm

"When I started hearing about all the bad things my e-mail address was doing out
in the world, I felt an immediate sense of shame — the way you might if the
health authorities nailed your kid as Patient X in a chickenpox outbreak at
Legoland. But as the messages began trickling, then pouring, then flooding in, I
began to feel a kind of pleasure that finally, my e-mail address is popular and
well-connected enough to be included in a mass contagion."

Just thought I'd mention it.