 MediaWatch / 11 (-11)
  Re: Lego on Leno?

(...) Hi, just a quick comment... Please don't take this as a flame or anything negative, but there's actually a new newsgroup here now called "media watch" (lugnet.mediawatch) where you can post this sort of thing to. I'm not saying that (...) (24 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.us)

  Seanbaby.com LEGO mention...

I've talked about Seanbaby.com before- well, in todays update of the Seanbaby Probe, Seanbaby shows how LEGO might be used to fight off flesh-eating robots... (URL) stuff is on page 2. Fair warning: Seanbaby uses some naughty words every once in a (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Parody of Lego Land on the Simpsons

(...) I saw the episode and especially liked how the workers were unassembling the park at the end of the day. The blocko tram with square block wheels that made for a very bumpy ride was ingenious too. Overall, very funny - Craig Livingston (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Parody of Lego Land on the Simpsons

Did anybody see the episode of the Simpsons the other night where they went to "blocko land"? Clearly a parody of Legoland. And then on the way home Bart complains, "Why did I buy this Lego shirt? I mean BLOCKO shirt..." (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Sighting In Local Newspaper

To make the seventh post in this very welcome new newsgroup, I wanted to mention a large color picture of Legos in a newspaper article in my area several months ago. Here is the link: (URL) I forget what the article was about, and I believe it got (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Let's kick this off with a Simpsons reference

There was another reference to Lego on the Simpson's a few seasons ago too. The family when to an IKEA like store and in the restaurant the cutlery was made of Lego. Homer proceeded to eat everyone's meal by constructing a four armed fork that would (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  More TV sightings

Good Eats (Food Network) episode "Pantry Raid 3: Cool Beans" (recently aired) had Lego in place of molecules in a sequence which explained how the body digested beans and legumes. Home Improvement had a scene with Lego figures too. Calum (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Let's kick this off with a Simpsons reference

As I'm sure many of us are aware, tonight's episode of The Simpsons featured a lightly-veiled LEGO reference. The family visited Block-o-land, an amusement park based on a plastic construction brick toy (a clone brand?), and in which the rides are (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  New newsgroup for LEGO sightings/appearances in the media

We're pleased to announce the creation of a new discussion area for sightings of the LEGO Company, its products, and the community in the media (TV, movies, print media, etc.). Any time you see LEGO mentioned in the media (anywhere worldwide), feel (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.publish, lugnet.announce) !

  ------( Terms of use for lugnet.com )------

TERMS OF USE FOR LUGNET.COM OVERVIEW AND DEFINITIONS lugnet.com ("LUGNET") is a privately owned Internet site designed and run primarily for the benefit of those who enjoy building with, discussing, collecting, buying & selling, trading, and (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  ------( Welcome to lugnet.mediawatch )------

Welcome to lugnet.mediawatch, a LUGNET discussion group. CHARTER/PURPOSE: lugnet.mediawatch (group): Sightings of LEGO Company, its products, and the community (people, sites, etc.) in the media: cinema/film/movies, television, radio, newspapers, (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact