 MediaWatch / 1095
    Believe it or Not: LEGO! —Eric Harshbarger
    Ok, so my details on this are somewhat sketchy still, but I'll try to relate as much as possible. I wanted to wait until I at least had my plane tickets in hand. What I do know: - This upcoming Monday, 4 August 2003, will see me and an extensive (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce) !!

        Re: Believe it or Not: LEGO! —John Gerlach
     Eric, that is so cool! It's going to be a very tough build, is there any way you can prepare the bricks beforehand so that the building will go faster? Can't wait to see pictures, and see it on TV! JohnG, GMLTC (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

         Re: Believe it or Not: LEGO! —Eric Harshbarger
      Well, as hinted at in my first post... most of the actual work is already done. On Monday I'm just going to fake most of the actual building, and they will do edit tricks to make it appear that I've built the whole thing in one day. (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

        Re: Believe it or Not: LEGO! —James Trobaugh
     Wow, very cool indeed!! How did the show producers find you? Or did you purpose the idea to them? jt (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

         Re: Believe it or Not: LEGO! —Eric Harshbarger
      Ripley's approached me a few months ago about doing a segment for their show, and shortly thereafter they asked if doing this billboard craziness was possible. eric (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

        Re: Believe it or Not: LEGO! —Bruce Hietbrink
     Eric, Any idea what times you will be working? Will the mosaic stay up for a while after you build it? If possible I'd love to swing by on my way to work or maybe on my way home. Bruce (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

         Re: Believe it or Not: LEGO! —Eric Harshbarger
      I think I'll be out there most of the day and into the night. Despite much prebuilding, just getting the thing onto the billboard is expected to take some time. At first they considered leaving the mosaic up for a month, but as it is relatively low (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

         Re: Believe it or Not: LEGO! —Jeff Findley
     (...) No matter what, I'm sure it will be up for only a short time. It might last one night, but after that, I'm sure some "enterprising youth" will take care of the removal. ;-) Jeff (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

        Re: Believe it or Not: LEGO! —Chris Maddison
     (...) Dude, this is sick. So cool. Big congrats and all; I'm sure you're getting tired of them. :-) Keep us posted on when/if this will air. That's definitely a time to dust off the vcr. Best, -Chris (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

        Re: Believe it or Not: LEGO! —Stefan Garcia
   SWEET!!! Definitely keep us posted on when this'll be on air. Good Luck!!! -Stefan- (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)