 Marketplace / Theory / 937
  "auction tampering"

I'm selling a number of 8448's on ebay which I have broken for parts mostly. I got this message this morning about them: "You don't know me, but we are auctioning similar items on ebay. I got the attached E-mail warning people not to bid on this (...) (25 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: "auction tampering"

The email the other seller received is indeed tampering under eBay ToS. (1) The writer may or may not have a valid point, if the seller is willing to ship internationally, it may be a good deal for someone in Tanzania to get it that way which (...) (25 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: "auction tampering"

(...) I dunno.. sounds like the guilty party has issues with competition. I see no problem with selling the 8448 in whole or in parts.. people always tend to pay more then Retail on ebay anyways... not everyone has acess to Shop @ Home and not every (...) (25 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: "auction tampering"

(...) I was just surprised to see 8448's involved in this sort of thing. I think the S@H special items (which I have no access to) are much more open to this sort of targeting. Even so, I find it hard to get worked up about those things. (25 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.theory)