 Marketplace / Theory / 938
Re: "auction tampering"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 16:51:53 GMT

The email the other seller received is indeed tampering under eBay ToS.
(1) The writer may or may not have a valid point, if the seller is
willing to ship internationally, it may be a good deal for someone in
Tanzania to get it that way which dilutes the writers argument.

However the seller doesn't fully disclose their source so I guess I
don't have 100% sympathy for a seller selling a current set above
retail.

Your parting out 8448s into lots is a lot more defensible, I feel, than
just reselling currently available sets.

There are lots of other items on eBay that have similar problems, it is
true. What exactly were you asking?  Your point isn't coming across very
clearly.

1 - and we all know that you're a big believer in strict adherence to
ToS.

--
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!