 Marketplace / Theory / 746
  tall tales dept.

While visiting several stores yesterday, I heard two of what I think may be 'tall tales' abut old stock .... o A manager who told me why he doesn't worry about all the old Legos sitting around at full-price with this: "the manufacturers all take the (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: tall tales dept.

(...) I worked for a big NY-NE electronis/hard goods retailer 7 years ago....We sometimes tossed fax machines, 35" Mitsubishi TV's, and stereos into a Star wars style trash compactor....it was part of our markdown and destroy budget...sometimes (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: tall tales dept.

(...) I've heard of this before. It's probably true. (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.theory)