 Marketplace / Theory / 533
532  |  534
Subject:
[RTL thread] LarryP is ripping customers off on eBay!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 04:39:27 GMT

Some of you may have seen the above thread on RTL... well I just posted
the following to that thread which I think gives a bit of closure..

  -- start copy --

Denalilovr wrote:

You oughta know that Larry P is buying off S@H and selling for higher prices on
eBay.

Shame on you Larry!!!

A little closure here... The lot in question

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=196235660

ended up at 66 dollars. (!!!) A sniper got it with 9 seconds left to go.
The winning bidder/sniper has contacted me and I replied. He has a US
address. The gist of my message was that he's legally obligated to me
for 71 dollars but here's the number of Shop at Home and he can either
send me a check for 5 bucks to cover my listing fee and a dollar or two
as a cluelessness fine, or a check for 27 in which case I will priority
mail him a copy of the set, his choice.

If anyone thinks that this wasn't what I was intending to do all along
should a US bidder win it, they don't know me very well.

Note that I have copied the originator of this thread with this message.
It will be interesting to see if he or she replies either to me or to
the newsgroup.

  -- end copy --

I have to admit I am a bit flattered and gratified at the defense raised
by my friends and traders in that thread, thanks!

I have to also admit I am a bit amused at how this auction actually came
out... the winning bidder must have been so busy sniping he didn't
actually read the listing all the way through...