 Marketplace / Theory / 527
    Crossbow boat auction —Kevin Wilson
   This auction of mine just finished last night at a ridiculous price for what the item is - and I'd like to know why. I was expecting about $10 since it's a non-US set. Any comments? (URL) Email: kwilson_tccs@compuserve.com Web page: (URL) Page: (URL) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: Crossbow boat auction —Frank Filz
   (...) who may not have any idea of what the market is like. The high bidder may be someone who has been sniped too many times in trying to get this set to complete his collection. I'd chalk it up to two snipers running afoul of each other except for (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: Crossbow boat auction —Scott Arthur
   RE : Snipers. I ran an auction a 2 weeks or so ago where the winner placed his bid 6 seconds before the auction ended. The person he outbid was pretty upset about the whole thing. (...) (25 years ago, 19-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: Crossbow boat auction —Mike Stanley
   (...) I put my bid in last night for the 6103 at 1:45 to go. I figured that wasn't total last second sniping but it was also close enough to the end that I would be safe. Unfortunately, if you want something at eBay, even if you're prepared to pay a (...) (25 years ago, 19-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: Crossbow boat auction —Frank Filz
   (...) Not necessarily. These days I rarely get sniped. And I rarely snipe or put in near last minute bids myself. I do often raise my proxy maximum a few hours before the end of the auction when I decide, yes, I really do want that lot. You just (...) (25 years ago, 19-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.theory)