 Marketplace / Theory / 530
Re: Crossbow boat auction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 18:30:06 GMT

Scott-A <s.arthur@hw.ac.uk> wrote:
RE : Snipers.

I ran an auction a 2 weeks or so ago where the winner placed his bid 6
seconds before the auction ended. The person he outbid was pretty upset about
the whole thing.

I put my bid in last night for the 6103 at 1:45 to go.  I figured
that wasn't total last second sniping but it was also close enough
to the end that I would be safe.

Unfortunately, if you want something at eBay, even if you're
prepared to pay a lot for it, the system is setup to favor you if
you place your bid very near the end of the auction.  As slow as
their servers run I didn't even get the bid notice until an hour
after the auction ended.

I've been sniped before.  That's how you have to play if you want to
win at eBay.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/