 Marketplace / Theory / 528
Re: Crossbow boat auction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 14:51:43 GMT

Kevin Wilson wrote:

This auction of mine just finished last night at a ridiculous price for
what the item is - and I'd like to know why. I was expecting about $10
since it's a non-US set. Any comments?

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=199069925

Well, the 2nd highest bidder has a 0 feddback rating, suggesting someone
who may not have any idea of what the market is like. The high bidder
may be someone who has been sniped too many times in trying to get this
set to complete his collection.

I'd chalk it up to two snipers running afoul of each other except for
the fact that both bids came in well before closing. I saw someone
complaining about how high they got an item for in RTL, it sounded like
they were a sniper and apparently some snipers put in a huge bid on the
theory that they will absolutely get the item for just over what someone
who doesn't understand how the sniping works bid. Of course if two of
these insane sniping bids collide...

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com