 Marketplace / Theory / 310
  Re: To sell or to auction, that is the question.

The way of the world typicaly is first come first sever. it has its problems but in most instances it works. Auctions are more complicated and typicaly less fair to all then strait sales. The seller will sepend weeks or even months waiting and (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: To sell or to auction, that is the question.

(...) Here we go again... I'll let Larry or someone else jump in on the "fairness" of auction vs. straight sale. Yes an auction is more complicated than a straight sale, but need not take weeks or months to run (true, Auczilla runs several weeks, (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: To sell or to auction, that is the question.

(...) That's a seller option, I believe. I think you can choose 7, I KNOW you can choose 14 or 21. I had been choosing 21 but have now been going with 14. I may go 7 if I can. eBay now allows 10 as well as 7 but there's still the fixed end time (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: To sell or to auction, that is the question.

(...) Are you talking the ebay Maersk? They proxy was 50 and I myself was wondering how it went to 50.01. My guess is that the other person entered 50.01. Paul (URL) (25 years ago, 7-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory)