 Marketplace / Theory / 279
Re: Got my own "How Dare You" message from eBay ripoff artist
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 03:47:04 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote:

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote:
Besides, the note I got from that person I alluded to before is so
precious I am tempted to post it. My reply to him suggested he stick his
head in here and espouse his viewpoint, if he dared. He won't. ;-)

I'd like to see it.  Remove names, I don't mind.  :)

OK, here you go:

I can't help responding to the ridiculous listing
(#172814178) you have
posted in order to hurt the sales of other eBay sellers.  You
obviously
don't understand the basic principle of eBay or business in general ?

(1)

buy low, sell high.  Anyone using their "due diligence" can purchase
anything they so choose at a lower price.  For instance, I've
found two
identical items ? one at Wal-Mart, the other at Neiman Marcus ? guess
what, one was significantly more expensive than the other.  And do you
know why?  Because that's how the world works.  Now it would
be foolish
of me to personally attack Neiman Marcus, just as it is
foolish for you
to attack your fellow eBay sellers.

Your item description is malicious and your title misleading.  If you
were truly laying "all your cards on the table" your title
would include
the words "Box Only".

Perhaps you should next choose to attack those selling Beanie Babies,
Department 56, or any other collectible.  Heaven forbid
someone tries to
sell a Beanie for anything over its suggested retail price of $5.00

I also got this gem for my repost
( http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=175990641 )
just now. At least I think it was for that one, the first one has
vanished.  (2)

If you decide to attend college after you get out of high
school, I recommend that you take a course in business
communication.  Hopefully, you would learn how to correspond
in a clear, concise manner, rather than rambling on forever.

Also, in college you may learn the difference between
"warrantee" and warranty.

Good luck!

Moi? Ramble? Never.

1 - THAT was what I found so precious. Me not understand supply and
demand?

2 - To eBay's credit, they did credit me the 25 cent listing fee on the
listing they yanked.