 Marketplace / Theory / 2733
Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 3 May 2005 19:49:26 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.market.theory, John Riley wrote:
If the independents could choose which
lines they want to better coincide with their stores' core markets, they could
be more likely to want to enter into contracts with Lego (for example, a toy
store that focuses on educational products might want Mindstorms and Technic,
while a toy store that focuses on model trains would want Lego trains).

Lines? I'd heard that restriction had been lifted, at least partially, but that
maybe there was still a restriction on assortment within a line.

Jake would know for sure, but I do believe there is a North American LEGO
fullfillment option called the Small Retailer Program.  I don't know anything
about it but I suspect that product actually comes from LDMI (Shop At Home).
Perhaps the only restrictions are to order single case quantites and to
pre-establish a line of credit, but I am just guessing.

I once inquired about this to Jake and was told to pass possible retailer
information to Jake and he would forward the info to appropriate personnell at
LEGO to try and set up such a relationship.  I have yet to do that for two
little hobby shops I know of (read = Kevin is a procrastinator).

.