 Marketplace / Theory / 2709
Re: 10152 Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 2004 15:49:08 GMT

   Doesn’t Lego have huge vaults with sets from the past that any of us would kill to get our hands on - NOW! Why are they saving so many sets? They must be collectors too!

-Patrick

moving thread, probably doesn’t belong in .lego. Market.theory I think should be better.

Insomuch as magazine and newspaper companies are collectors as well. They also keep one (or more) copies of their product for future reference. I believe Lego has done the same thing with their past set vault. I don’t think it exists for the purpose of collectability, revenue generation, envy generation or museam funtionality. (though visitors are occaisionally given tours it certainly isn’t common.)

Mark