 LEGO Company / 2905
Re: 10152 Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 2004 14:25:54 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Mark Neumann wrote:

Snippage

Next in this thread, I read that some out there thinks Lego is a collectible. No, it isn’t. It’s a toy. When I see a world city set on a shelf, I don’t think, “Dang! I better get that and seal it away because it’ll be worth somehting in 5 years.” Lego is a toy, what people do with it makes it collectible. But I feel pretty confident when I say that the Lego company doesn’t produce sets with collectability in mind. Don’t believe me? Read the product description of the 10152 on Lego.com. Nothing there about “limited edition.” Insider info made it collectible.

Mark

Doesn’t Lego have huge vaults with sets from the past that any of us would kill to get our hands on - NOW! Why are they saving so many sets? They must be collectors too!

-Patrick