 Marketplace / Theory / 2710
Re: 10152 Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 2004 16:05:23 GMT

Hello!

In lugnet.market.theory, Mark Neumann wrote:
Insomuch as magazine and newspaper companies are collectors as well.  They
also keep one (or more) copies of their product for future reference.  I
believe Lego has done the same thing with their past set vault.  I don't
think it exists for the purpose of collectability, revenue generation, envy
generation or museam funtionality.  (though visitors are occaisionally given
tours it certainly isn't common.)

TLC keeps their vault for their lawyers. So when, for example, MegaBloks
produces a set that's tooo similiar to any LEGO set they walk into their
catacombs, take the respective set and show the world: We have done this first!
On this occasion they may be forced to open a sealed box in order to show the
contents, so this is why they keep several copies of each set for future
reference.

Bye
Jojo