 Marketplace / Theory / 2451
Re: Hidden Shipping Costs?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 21:35:21 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Kerry Raymond writes:
  So here's the question:  if I submit a bid, and if I end up winning an
auction, am I obligated to meet any shipping costs the seller chooses to
assign?  What would prevent such a seller from charging a zillion dollars to
ship a baseball card, for example?  Even if I email the seller beforehand,
it doesn't seem as though he's under any obligation to respond, except
perhaps as a courtesy.

If in doubt, ask. If no reply, don't bid.

  A big 'Thank You' to Kerry and to Allan for the insightful responses.  The
two auctions went higher than I planned to bid anyway, so shipping won't be
a problem for me.
  Thanks again!

     Dave!