 Marketplace / Theory / 2384
  Re: lugnet.market.mess

(...) Ok, I tend to agree that high-volume sites like eBay and Bricklink need their own groups. I wonder though, what's the big difference between an ad for an auction and a straight sale these days? I understand the difference between an auction (...) (22 years ago, 19-Apr-02, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: lugnet.market.mess

(...) Well, go look at the history of the discussion on auctions for why Todd etal. think of auctions as different. I'm not sure how things are today, but apparently there used to be folks who would have a heart attack if they even heard a hint of (...) (22 years ago, 20-Apr-02, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: lugnet.market.mess

I think the big difference was, at the time, that people actually ran their own auctions via e-mail and posting to the .auction group. This produced much more traffic back then compared to just the eBay announcements that we get now. Now we see very (...) (22 years ago, 20-Apr-02, to lugnet.market.theory)