 Marketplace / Theory / 2335
Re: 10020 limited to 10000 sets or not?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 03:43:24 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Lawrence Wilkes writes:

"Allan Bedford" <apotomeREMOVE-THIS@altavista.net> wrote in message

Why would I buy a copy of Zeppelin IV today, if I know I
can get it next week?  The answer is surprisingly simple.... because I
*want* it.  I never need it.

Think of Zeppelin IV as the 10020 engine.  If the design and execution • are
strong enough, you can be selling the same product a generation later • having
never taken it out of production.  I'm not saying that LEGO *should* • do
this, only that this is another way in which to look at marketing • products
like these.

By Zepplin IV are you referring to set 5956 Air Zeppelin?
Were there 3 other Zepplin sets?

Sorry for any confusion.  I figured that since the Zeppelin IV reference was
initially made in the paragraph about CD's that the intended meaning would
come through.  I shouldn't have assumed.  :)

Zeppelin IV is the album by Led Zeppelin that contained 'Stairway to
Heaven'.  Among fans and industry folks, it's common to just call it
Zeppelin IV.

I was just trying to use the music industry analogy to illustrate my point
about LEGO limited editions.

Regards,
Allan B.