 Marketplace / Theory / 2323
Re: Question on Ep. 2 set releases
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 05:46:07 GMT

However, there would be no reason not to sell it at S@H prior as people • going
to S@H are presumably attracted to it primarily for being Lego, as opposed • to
primarily being attracted primarily because it's EP2.

I'm fairly certain that the movie licensing generally specifies how soon
movie related products can be made available.

I believe this came up with the Harry Potter sets, and it was something like
not more then a month before the release.

Probably so people don't deduce plot points from the toys made avialable and
such.

Of course, from The Lego Company's perspective there is no reason not to.
Just that they may not be permitted to by the license.

Troy